Table of Contents
The Slayer Duelist is leather wearing dual pistol duelist that receives increased range, a flash cast flintlock shot, additional damage on your AOE stun ability – Pepperbox Shot, and receives a new ultimate which has half the soul power cost while granting 2 dodge pips. The Slayer passive revolves around critical hits which stack what’s call “feeling lucky” up to 10 times. The stacks can then be used to enhance the buffs abilities which increase you damage and your survivability.
Should You Play This Build?
- Great Solo / Roaming class
- Does NOT excel in group fighting
- Very squishy but does high amounts of damage
- Great kiting ability
- Can not wear heavy armor
The purpose of this build is to give players a layout in order to get a general taste of the Guinecean Duelist – Slayer Promotion class, and to help showcase a lot of the power and potential the class has in 1v1 and 1vX fights. Slayer Duelists don’t reach their fullest potential in large group play, however, they are very strong at kiting classes with little CC and work great for solo play.
Crowfall Guinecean Duelist PvP Build - Patch 5.8.4http://borderlandgames.net/crowfall-guides/guinecean-duelist-build-slayer-promotion-class/
This is a build video for the Guinecean Duelist in Crowfall. This build is intended for 1v1 or 1vX fights! Super fun build! Hope you enjoy!
- Major 1 – Mole Hunter
- This disc works great with this build. The idea behind this build is a solo roaming, 1v1, 1vX style build. With this disc you can detect revel stealthed enemies, as well as, root players. I primarily use this disc for the root because the additional cc greatly helps the kiting ability of this build.
- Major 2 – Agent Provocateur
- This disc works great for this particular build. It allows to heal in stealth with the lay low ability, as well as gives you an AOE stun that you can use while in stealth. The preparation passive is also very good. You can generate pips while in stealth. So, during combat if your suffering a lot of damage you can stealth, heal, and generate pips to allow you to have a strong re-engage for the fight.
- Minor 1 – Careless Whisper
- This minor is pivotal to this build. After 5 basic attacks you receive the “empowered whispers” buff which increases your critical hit chance and critical hit damage for 10% for a short duration. During this time you can use that increase in critical hit chance to stack your stacks of “feeling lucky” in order to increase your damage.
- Minor 2 – Demon’s Pact
- This minor gives you one more additional passive slot. I use the additional slot to slot the “Revenge” passive that you receive from the Major Disc Mole Hunter. Revenge is decent for this build because it increases your critical hit chance and critical hit damage after being hit by a stealth attack.
- Minor III – Glass Cannon
- This passive is huge for this build because the entire premise of the build is to avoid damage and lay down a ton of damage. This passive helps you achieve the “lay down damage” aspect of the build. It increases your final damage modifier by 10, which increases all damage you do by an additional 10%. However, this minor does come at a cost of reducing your armor. We are not worried to much about armor though because we are going to be kiting and avoiding damage.
- Leather Armor – The optimal leather armor set for this build is a crushing damage set. This armor is made from strong and flexible hide. A retribution bonus set is also viable for this build. This will enhance your retribution bonus damage when using redirect pain. Retribution bonus armor is easier to obtain since it is all one type of leather – flexible. (See this LINK for crafting combination information)
- Weapons – Your only option for weapon type with this build is dual pistols. However, you can get heavy or light pistols. I recommend 2 light pistols. Heavy pistols increase your Power Cost multiplier which in the case of a duelist increases the cooldowns on your abilities. You want to be able to spam your pepperbox shot, so for that reason I recommend using 2 light pistols.
- Rings – Critical Hit Chance.
- Amulet – Critical Hit Damage or Basic Attack Damage
Tips & Miscellaneous
- Attribute Points – For this build you will want to stack all of your points into Dexterity for maximum damage. If you manage to get to the Attack power cap you can then spend points into Strength to increase you final damage modifier or into Intelligence to increase your critical hit damage.
- Stacking Your Feeling Lucky – Remember the whole premise behind this build is to stack stacks of feeling lucky so you can then use your Inconceivable (Slot z on melee tray above) ability to gain more damage and your Redirect Pain (Slot 4 on melee tray above) ability to mitigate and redirect more damage. In order to do this you should stack 5 pips, use your rapid fire (ability 7 in melee tray above) to quickly stack stacks of “feeling lucky” and then pop your inconceivable or redirect pain once you have stacked another 5 pips.
- Rapid Fire Ability (Slot 7 Melee Tray Above) – Remember, you must hold down the key for this ability to properly work. If you press the key once and let go it does not work as intended. This ability is a “channeled” ability, so HOLD THE KEY DOWN.
- Go For Broke Ability (Slot 1 Stealth Tray Above) – Go for broke is also a fantastic way to stack your stacks of “feeling lucky.” Use your Recon ability (slot 3 passive tray above) to get guaranteed critical hits and stack feeling lucky extremely fast when it hits multiple enemies.
- Saltpeter Rounds (Ability 8 in melee & stealth tray) – Remember to always have this buff active during fights. It increases your rage distance.
- Dynamite Ultimate – If you’re using the dynamite ultimate remember that it only takes 500 soul power to use. If half of your ultimate bar is filled you can still use it. If your ultimate bar is maxed you can use it twice in a row. Remember that it also gives you 2 dodge pips. However, if you’re fighting a knight remember that the knight has an ability to remove those pips.