Table of Contents
What is Transmutation?
Transmutation is a system in ESO that was introduced with the Clockwork City DLC. By using the Transmutation system you have the ability to change the trait of your weapon, armor, and jewelry. (Keep in mind you have to have the trait researched that you are wanting to change to. Also, in order to transmute jewelry you must own the Summerset Chapter)
In order to perform the transmutation you will need 50 Transmutation Crystals. The Transmutation Crystals are NOT trade-able, so you will need to farm them for yourself.
Where is the Transmutation Station?
In order to access the Transmutation Station located in Clockwork City, you must own the Clockwork City DLC. Once in Clockwork City you will need to make your way to the Brass Fortress. A special icon denotes the “Hall of Refined Techniques” and the station. (See pictures below)
It should also be noted that it is possible to access a Transmutation Station without owning the Clockwork City DLC. In order to do so you will need to purchase a Transmutation Station by completing master writs. Once purchased you can then place the station in your house.
How to Obtain Transmutation Crystals
Transmutation Crystals are guaranteed to drop from the following activities:
- Your first completed random LFG using the grouping tool
- Arena, Trial, and Battleground leaderboards
- Veteran Undaunted Pledge
- End of alliance war campaign reward
- Your first reward for the worthy for the day
- Trial weekly quests
- Veteran Maelstrom Arena
- Veteran Dragonstar Arena
Transmutation Crystals have a chance to drop from the following activities:
- Rewards for the Worthy (after your first listed above in guaranteed)
- Completing additional random Veteran dungeons through the Grouping Tool
- Final bosses from Normal and Veteran dungeons
Other Items to Note
- Transmutation is used to change the item trait not to be confused with the item enchantment
- The amount of Transmutation Crystals you can receive varies with the activity. Some activities will only reward one crystal, while others can reward you with multiple Crystals.
- You can not transmute an item that is bound to another character
- Transmutation Crystals can not be sold or traded