Table of Contents
Aldmeri Dominion is a Faction in The Elder Scrolls Online. If you choose the Aldmeri Dominion during character creation then you will be begin your ESO adventures in Khenarthi’s Roost.
The Aldmeri Dominion has embraced as its symbol the eagle sigil of the High Elves of Summerset. For the Altmer, the high-soaring eagle represents their ancestors the Aedra, who came from the heavens and were trapped in physical form by the creation of Nirn.
You can play as one of 4 races in the Elder Scrolls Online as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion. (Unless you have purchased the Any Race from Any Alliance Upgrade from the Crown Store.) The 4 races are listed below:
Imperial ( Requires Imperial Edition of the game. Alternatively, the Imperial race may be purchased from the crown store)
The Aldmeri Dominion’s home territory covers the zones of Summerset, Valenwood and Elsweyr.
- Auridon – The second-largest island in the Summerset Isles and the location of one of the largest Aldmeri cities in the world, Firsthold.
- Grahtwood – The location of the Aldmeri Dominion’s capital, Elden Root. It is a vast region deep in the jungles of Valenwood.
- Greenshade – An extensive zone of western Valenwood. It has abundant life under its canopy, and rivers coursing through the land.
- Khenarthi’s Roost – Home of the Khajiit. It is a small island off the coast of Elsweyr. It is also inhabited by the Maormer, or sea elves. It’s name was derived from the Khajiiti goddess Khenarthi.
- Malabal Tor – A region made of up of the dense jungles of northwestern Valenwood.
- Reaper’s March – A region connecting the jungles of Valenwood and the rolling grasslands of Elsweyr.
The Dominion also have a territorial claim over the southern and southwestern parts of the Imperial heartlands.
- Cyrodiil – Is The central province of Tamriel. It is the home of the Imperials, who stand alone in the Alliance War. The Aldmeri Territory is the southwestern region of Cyrodiil.
The Aldmeri Dominon, led by the Altmer Queen Ayrenn, stretches over the Summerset Isle, Valenwood and Elsweyr. Its capital is Elden Root, concealed deep within the forests of the Bosmeri Valenwood.
“I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us.”
―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri
The Aldmeri Dominion was formed when the High Elves of Alinor received word that the Imperial City had fallen under the control of the human supporters of Molag Bal.
It was created in an attempt to take control of the Imperial City and restore Elven rule to Tamriel. It is alleged that the three allied races were the most intelligent, patient and coherent in Tamriel. Members of the Aldmeri Dominion believe that the short-lived and young races of men are unfit to rule, and that this role is meant by the Divines to be filled by the Aldmeri Dominion itself.
The High Elves, who are naturally proficient with magic, were the original settlers of Tamriel and created the common tongue used throughout the continent today. The High Elves reached out to the neighboring races of Wood Elves and Khajiit with an entreaty that their combined forces might prevent the younger races of Tamriel from bringing disaster to the world, as they had so many times in the past.
The Wood Elves inhabit the dense forests of Valenwood, are supreme hunters, guides, and masters in sneaking and thievery. They are also the most gifted archers in all of Tamriel.
A proud feline race, the Khajiit, are fearsome warriors. They are proficient with bladed weapons, and stand proudly at the forefront of every battle. The power and determination of the Aldmeri Dominion should not be underestimated.